I don't do resolutions but this year I came up with a personal motto. I have found it's much easier to stick to a motto than a resolution. One of my greatest strengths / weaknesses is being a detailed perfectionist. My husband, the computer savvy guru of our family, (he helped me create this website) is the more efficient one but not so detailed. So between us we have a really great balance!
In January I was excited to announce the opening of my business to the wedding professionals around me, but a name will only carry you so far. So announcing a business without having a website to send people to was certainly testing my resolve to not have everything in place before my big reveal. It did give me the opportunity to get a jump start on equally important social media sites though! If you like daily updates on Facebook, watching for trends on Twitter, following behind the scenes on Snapchat, seeing inspiration on Pinterest or beautiful work on Instagram, you'll find I have you covered! If you need inspiration and VIP access behind the scenes then you'll definitely want to follow, like, tweet, snap, pin or just sit back and read my blogs!
Today I am so excited to launch my much needed website. Again with some updates still pending but I wanted to get it out there no matter what. Old me would say it's not done and wait but new me knows there will always be more content to add and pictures to edit and having something to show is way better than having nothing! I do have to stop and say how incredibly grateful I am to the people around me who have been so supportive over these last four months as I have built my business. I want to take a minute to say THANK YOU!
- To those of you in the events industry that have congratulated me, encouraged me, worked with me, took the time to meet with me, ask me questions about my company and gotten to know me a little bit more than you did before. Your words and actions will not be forgotten! You have shown me that this was the right time to take this next big step! I truly am so thankful to you!
- To my friends who not only were cheering me on along the way but also reminding me to take a break from this new lifestyle of a small business owner in the making. You helped me keep my sanity!
- To my friend and most recent boss, Dawn. The hardest person I've ever had to hand in my 2 weeks to (well, it was more like 8 months but you get the point). Your humbleness, confidence, integrity and personality in general over these last five years have been an inspiration to me and I know I am a better person because of you. I am forever grateful for your investment in me not only as a planner but as a friend!
- To my family who may not always understand the years of my over-the-top celebrations, my crazy schedules, my obsession with details and organization, my constant need to decorate and make everything beautiful and still love me through it all. You are my sunshine in good times and bad and I love you!
- Especially my ever patient husband, Scott! You have been my biggest supporter, my constant rock and I couldn't ask for a better person to go through this crazy journey with. I am so grateful to you for your love and encouragement and patience with me along the way. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us!
And now, it is without further ado that I welcome you to the long awaited ReadyVIP website and blog!